Fronting a prized south-north facing parcel that ‘dog legs’ to add even more enviable potential than its boundless rear grounds first let on, this C1910 Queen Anne Villa is to be celebrated by the character home purists and fiercely sought by anyone looking for that forever home to extend in a prestigious locale.
Tightly held by generations of the one family, what hasn’t been offered on the open market for over 70 years enters arguably its most exciting chapter yet on Collinswood’s preeminent street, just ten minutes from Adelaide’s buzzing East End.
Ready to be released from its nostalgic time warp, it takes but mere seconds to imagine what this grand 3-4 bedroom home could be, simply by stripping back and injecting new life into the likes of its stone-laden facade, hidden timber boards and soaring ceilings.
A restoration would create instant street appeal, setting a fitting prelude for a rear extension project that architects would dream of getting their hands on.
With a synthetic full-size tennis court to go with what feels like a botanic garden setting of epic proportions, blank canvases don’t get much bigger than this – leaving room for a pool and, perhaps, a huge pavilion/garage for a car collection.
When all is said and done, what you’ll have is a family home that gets better with age and every step and entertains like few can, all just moments from the inner north’s esteemed schools and colleges. Forever starts now.
More to love:
– A head-turning villa of grand proportions on one of Adelaide’s most beautiful streets
– Expansive light-filled rooms and strong bones, ready for the ultimate renovation
– Ultra-flexible floorplan with multiple living zones and the option to add/subtract bedrooms
– Wonderfully preserved original features include ornate fireplaces and decorative ceilings
– Solar panels for reduced energy bills
– Large eat-in kitchen with dishwasher, loads of storage and parquetry timber-look floors
– Lock-up solid garage and off-street parking for multiple vehicles
– Study nook
– Updated main bathroom, plus ensuite to master bedroom
– Sunroom and separate laundry to rear
– Loads of storage throughout
– Beautifully presented, landscaped grounds with your very own private botanic garden
– Zoned for Walkerville Primary School and Adelaide and Botanic High Schools
– Moments from St Andrews and Wilderness Schools
– Walking distance from public transport
– Just five minutes from Prospect’s eclectic cafe/food scene
– And much more.
** Property Information **
Title Reference: Volume 5807 Folio 125
Council: City of Prospect
Zoning: Established Neighbourhood
Council Rates: $3,599.44 p.a.
Water Rates: $314.54 per qtr
ESL: $281.85 p.a.